Creative non-fiction has its base in real life and actual events or experiences, but it is written using a range of literary techniques and devices that give it an artistic dimension beyond a mere recounting of facts and information. It is written with flair, to entertain as well as inform.
You'll come away from the course with all the skills and knowledge to get started in creative non-fiction, including:
• A knowledge and understanding of key titles, your audience, and how to approach your writing
• How to structure and plan your book, including finding the right voice for you
• Effective descriptive techniques and character development
• How to incorporate real people and events within your text safely
• Identifying a market for your book and approaching agents and publishers.
Full contents include:
Unit 1 – What is creative non-fiction?
Unit 2 - Inspiration, motivation, and audience
Unit 3 – Plot, structure and voice
Unit 4 – Characters and dialogue
Unit 5 – Writing about real people and events
Unit 6 – Writing description
Unit 7 - Identifying markets and marketing your work