13 September 2016
Novels from independent presses make up half of the six-strong shortlist
Novels from independent presses make up half in the six-strong shortlist
Announced today, the 2016 Man Booker shortlist is:
• The Sellout, Paul Beatty (Oneworld)
• All That Man Is, David Szaly (Vintage)
• His Bloody Project, Graeme Macrae Burnet (Saraband)
• Do Not Say We Have Nothing, Madeliene Thien (Granta)
• Hot Milk, Deborah Levy (Hamish Hamilton)
• Eileen, Ottessa Moshfegh (Vintage)
Oneworld, Saraband and Granta are all independent publishers. Oneworld also published last year's winner, A Brief History of Seven Killings, by Marlon James. Small Scottish indie Saraband has published both of Graeme Macrae Burnet's books, with His Bloody Project first appearing in October last year.
The winner of the £50,000 prize will be announced on 25 October.
Register and sign up for our newsletter for late-breaking news, more competitions and exclusive content