30 September 2020
The winner of the sports writing prize will get £30,000
Following 2019's triple crown win by Duncan Hamilton, this year's longlist doesn't feature any previous winners.
The shortlist will be announced on 27 October, with each shortlisted writer awarded £3,000. The winner will be announced on 3 December.
The 2020 longlist is:
• Born Fighter by Ruqsana Begum
• A People's History of Tennis by David Berry
• This is eSports (and how to spell it) by Paul Chaloner
• Where There's a Will by Emily Chappell
• The World Beneath Their Feet by Scott Ellsworth
• The Unforgiven by Ashley Grey
• Niki Lauda by Maurice Hamilton
• Surf, Sweat and Tears by Andy Martin
• Fringes by Ben Mercer
• The Farther Corner by Harry Pearson
• Out of the Darkness: From Top to Rock Bottom: My Story in Football by Matt Piper & Joe Brewin
• The Breath of Sadness: On Love, Grief and Cricket by Ian Ridley
• The Rodchenkov Affair by Grigory Rodchenkov
• Mud, Maul, Mascara by Catherine Spencer
• The Russian Affair by David Walsh
For full details see the website.
For more writing inspiration, subscribe to our bestselling monthly magazine and receive your first 3 issues for just £3. Claim this offerhere