11 January 2022
This year the prestigious annual prize features a new category for writers for children and young adults
For 2022, the Yeovil Literary Prize is inviting entries in the following categories:
• Novel. Enter the opening up to 10,000 words and a synopsis up to 500 words. This year's judge is Barney Norris. The enetry fee is £14.50.
• Short Story. Enter short stories up to 2,000 words. This year's judge is Nicholas Royle. The entry fee is £8.
• Poetry. Enter poems up to 40 lines. This year's judge is Louisa Adjoa Parker. The entry fee is £5 per poem.
• Children's/Young Adult Novel. Enter the first 3,000 words and a 500-word synopsis. One illustration may be included. This year's judge is Sharna Jackson. The entry fee is £12.50.
• Writing Without Restrictions. Enter work that doesn't fit into usual competition categories. This year's judge is Hazel Prior. The entry fee is £6.
All entries must be original, and may have appeared online, but must be commercially unpublished.
The closing date is 31 May.
For full details see the website.