The prestigious international writing competition is inviting entries
The Bridport Prize categories are:
• Poetry: The prizes are £5,000, £1,000, £500 and 10 x £100. Enter original, unpublished poems up to 42 lines. The entry fee is £10 per poem.
• Short story: The prizes are £5,000, £1,000, £500 and 10 x £100. Enter original, unpublished short stories for adult readers up to 5,000 words. The entry fee is £12 per story.
• Flash fiction: The prizes are £1,000, £500, £250 and 3 x £100. Enter original, unpublished flash fiction up to 250 words. The entry fee is £9 per flash.
• Peggy Chapman Andrews First Novel Award: The prizes are £1,500 plus a year's mentoring from The Literary Consultancy and a detailed judge's critique, £750 plus a full manuscript critique and TLC Industry Day, 3 x £150 plus a 50-page manuscript appraisal and Industry Day. Enter between 5,000 and 8,000 words from the opening of an unpublished manuscript plus a 300-word synopsis. Writers entering must not be represented by a literary agent. The entry fee is £20 per novel.
• Young Writer Award: A new award for 2020 with a prize of £500 for the highest-placed writer aged 16-25 in any category.
• Dorset Award: £100 for the highest-placed writer from Dorset in any category.
Winners will be published in an anthology.
The closing date is 31 May.
For full details see the website.
Improve your chances of winning writing competitions by checking out these top tips!