Jane Austen competition
To mark Jane Austen's bicentenary, Writing Magazine has teamed up with the 4-star Holiday Inn at Winchester to offer one lucky reader the chance to win a Jane Austen Experience Package.
The prize includes:
- A two-night stay for two people at the award-winning hotel, with full English breakfast on both days and dinner on one of the evenings, in the hotel's 2 AA Rosette award-winning Morn Hill Brasserie, plus a complimentary bottle of prosecco.
- Entry to Jane Austen's House Museum.
- Entry to Chawton House, the former home of Jane Austen's brother Edward, now an internationally renowned library and home to early women's writing.
Holiday Inn Winchester
The Holiday Inn, Winchester, is located just twenty minutes from Jane Austen's House, within easy reach of the centre of Winchester, where Austen is buried in the city's cathedral.
How To Enter
All you have to do to win is to write a 500-word alternative ending for any of Jane Austen's novels. Submit your entry in a single doc, docx, txt, rtf or pdf file, using the links below.
Competition Closing Date
This competition is open for entries until 23:59 15 June 2017. Entries submitted after this date cannot be accepted.
Terms & Conditions
- One entry per person.
- The entry fee is £5, £3 for subscribers to Writing Magazine.
- Closing date for entries 15 June 2017.
- The judges' decision is final.
- No cash alternatives are available.
- The prize is for an overnight stay for two in the Holiday Inn Winchester on a date selected by the winner (subject to availability), dinner for two with a bottle of prosecco in the hotel's Morn Hill Brasserie, and tickets for entry to Jane Austen's HOuse Museum and Chawton House. The prize is not transferrable.
- By entering this competition you accept that your data can be passed to our sponsors unless you choose to opt out from receiving the hotel's monthly e-newsletter - please state on your entry.
- Employees of this magazine and of Holiday Inn are not allowed to submit entries.
- The winner to agree to follow-up publicitiy in thes magazine and on the Holiday Inn Winchester website.