Learn how you can make your mark on the world’s highest selling genre with our crime writing guide.
... Read More >>
You’ll learn the basics of crime writing – a thorough and practical explanation of all the tricks and techniques in the crime writer’s toolkit.
Plus, get your facts right and your story straight with mythbusting insight direct from the experts:
• What’s police life really like? What’s the daily routine?
• How do crime scene forensics really work? Can you just DNA swab everything?
• The law and procedures for arrest, and rights of detained suspects
• What really happens in court?
• Crime gangs – the structure, hierarchy and logistics of being in a gang
• Prison life – daily routines for inmates, their rights, the tricks they try... and how they are prevented.
And much more...
Rounding the supplement off is a special interview with Writing Magazine’s own crimewriting police officer, Behind the Tape writer Lisa Cutts on her novels, and how her daily working life feeds into them.