How to start a career in writing, an exclusive interview with the legend Philippa Gregory, over £58,000 in writing prizes up for grabs, plus industry insight on choosing the right publishing path for you
... Read More >>
Inside the September 2019 issue of Writing Magazine:
• Star interview Philippa Gregory: The queen of historical fiction turns to witchcraft
• 3m-selling Susan Lewis on maintaining her prolific output 45 books in
• Guardian Reader’s Choice winner Louise Beech introduces her new psychological thriller
• Genre-hopping bestseller Jane Corry explains how she got her first deal
• Explore the life and style of mystery author Mick Herron
• Adele Parks selects her five favourite reads
Your pre-publication promotion plan – it’s never too early to start selling your book!
Everything you need to be doing in the run up to your book’s publication
How to keep your narrative focus in control - avoid one of the pitfalls that betrays amateur authors
• Is there such a thing as a writing career path? How do you get on it?
• Branching out into other activities to support your life as a writer
Writing for children - The story behind the story
Understanding the different roles and relationships of author, agent and editor