A guide to perfecting your submission, how to set up an author event, spread joy with children's books and lots more
On Sale: 02/08/2018
Why Not Subscribe?
Ensure you never miss an issue of your favourite magazine by taking out a great value subscription.
What's in this Issue?
Inside the September 2018 issue of Writing Magazine you can enjoy:
- Your guide on 'How to perfect your submission: Tips from a publisher' on pitching your writing to publishers and agents, by Scott Pack
- Does publishing need a new business model?
- Giving an author talk – How to set up and deliver a memorable author event
- Everything you need to know to work with schools
- Make a difference - Spreading joy with children’s books
- Short story rights - what do changes at Woman’s Weekly mean for womag writers?
- Star interview with gritty gangland crime queen Jessie Keane, on exploring her Romany roots and turning to bare knuckle fighting for her new novel
- Explore the life and career of a forerunner of modern bestsellers, Mark Twain, who brought popular literature to the masses
- Prolific chicklit bestseller Carole Matthews explains how she fits everything into her writing day
- Novelist Kerry Fisher explains how she straddles the worlds of feelgood fiction and domestic noir
• Enter our open Adult Fairytale Competition and subscriber-only short story competition on the theme of ‘food’
Plus, details of top magazines, book publishers and small presses to submit to this month:
• A $10,000 script commission
• £5,000 crime writing competition
• £10,000 non-fiction competition