Find the perfect competition for you with our Spring Guide that is bigger and better than ever! Plus, learn to expand your writer’s toolkit with creating drama, suspense and narrative depth.
... Read More >>
One of our bestselling issues is back again, the Spring Competition Guide, so get your copy before it sells out!
Get your exclusive Competition Guide
• Details of over 500 competitions to enter in 2019 with over £800,000 to be won in writing prizes
• A sneak peek at the Writing Magazine competition themes for the months ahead
• Read winning entries from past competitions, you could be next!
Inside the April issue...
Interviews and profiles
• STAR inteview with Spiderwick Chronicles creator Holly Black, who explains how she writes kick-ass YA fantasy
• Learn from the life and career of fantasy overlord JRR Tolkien
• Falconer, artist and author Ben Crane outlines his fascinating daily routine, structured to suit his Asperger’s
• Meet debut thriller author Fiona Erskine
• Why writing is always a team effort
• What you need to know about changes to tax law
• Author experience: Quick and easy self-publishing
Watch and Learn
• How studying films will benefit your writing, whatever your genre
• We pick our top ten films about writers
• How to create drama
• How to conjure the right atmosphere for your scary stories
• Celebrity Under the Microscope: Go down the rabbit hole as we analyse the opening of Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland
Children’s: Learn how to develop your story and voice to hook readers, agents and publishers