A guide to perfecting your submission, how to set up an author event, spread joy with children's books and lots more
On Sale: 02/08/2018
Why Not Subscribe?
Fancy saving money? Then why not subscribe to Writing Magazine and not only will you receive free delivery direct to your home, but you'll be saving money every month compared to the shop price
What's in this Issue?
Inside the September 2018 issue of Writing Magazine you can enjoy:
- Your guide on 'How to perfect your submission: Tips from a publisher' on pitching your writing to publishers and agents, by Scott Pack
- Does publishing need a new business model?
- Giving an author talk – How to set up and deliver a memorable author event
- Everything you need to know to work with schools
- Make a difference - Spreading joy with children’s books
- Short story rights - what do changes at Woman’s Weekly mean for womag writers?
- Star interview with gritty gangland crime queen Jessie Keane, on exploring her Romany roots and turning to bare knuckle fighting for her new novel
- Explore the life and career of a forerunner of modern bestsellers, Mark Twain, who brought popular literature to the masses
- Prolific chicklit bestseller Carole Matthews explains how she fits everything into her writing day
- Novelist Kerry Fisher explains how she straddles the worlds of feelgood fiction and domestic noir
• Enter our open Adult Fairytale Competition and subscriber-only short story competition on the theme of ‘food’
Plus, details of top magazines, book publishers and small presses to submit to this month:
• A $10,000 script commission
• £5,000 crime writing competition
• £10,000 non-fiction competition