Writing festivals, workshops, retreats (including an exclusive competition) and courses to attend this year, plus new writing trends for 2019 and explore the style and technique of Jojo Moyes
On Sale: 07/02/2019
Why Not Subscribe?
Fancy saving money? Then why not subscribe to Writing Magazine and not only will you receive free delivery direct to your home, but you'll be saving money every month compared to the shop price
What's in this Issue?
Inside Writing Magazine March issue:
Plan your writing year with our events guide
- Details of hundreds of literary festivals, workshops, courses and retreats, to help you find something in your area, or plan your visits further afield
- What’s the right kind of course for you, and what can you expect to get out of it?
- What are the benefits of going on a guided retreat?
- How to get the most out of literary festivals
- Plus, enter our exclusive competition to WIN a 4-day trip to a writing retreat in Devon
Winners announced: the Writing Magazine Picture Book Prize. Did you win?
Trends for 2019
- What is ‘uplit’ and how do you write it?
- Inclusivity – essential advice on using characters with different backgrounds sensitively and appropriately
Interviews and profiles
- Star Interview: How Writing Magazine subscriber Mary Gibson turned her local knowledge and memories into a saga success story
- Explore the style and technique of Jojo Moyes
- Poet, playwright and journalist George Gunn shares the routines of his writing day
- Crime author Elizabeth Mundy picks her five favourite reads