Keep your writing on track during these challenging times, online resources to connect with other writers, how to overcome writer's block and an inspiring interview with Michelle Paver
On Sale: 07/05/2020
Our Price: £4.25
Why Not Subscribe?
Ensure you never miss an issue of your favourite magazine by taking out a great value subscription.
What's in this Issue?
Inside the June issue of Writing Magazine:
Write on! Our writers help you cope with the Covid crisis and stay creative
• Writers share how their working lives have changed in lockdown, with ideas for you to use
• Self-care: how to stay healthy and creative in isolation
• Online communities: resources to connect with other writers online
• Is now the right time to write or submit a virus novel?
Learn from the best
Block busting – Top author Julie Cohen explains the unusual ways she uses to overcome writer’s block
The crime writer’s crime writer, Martin Edwards, harks back to the golden age of mysteries and how he’s honouring the genre for the 21st century with his new book.
Business of writing – should you ‘go wide’ with your publishing activity or focus only on one channel? We explore the business case for each view.
• How to handle angry, vengeful or spiteful characters in your fiction
• Children’s writing: heroes and villains, and how to portray them
Star interview: Genre-hopping bestseller Michelle Paver on her return to children’s books and the legend of Wolf Brother
Meet debut literary scifi author Andrew Hunter Murray
Aussie psychological thriller author CJ Sutton explains his writing routines
Explore the style and technique of MC Beaton