BUMPER PACK including your free Writing for Children supplement. Plus, learn how to build suspense and fear, and grow your own writing community
On Sale: 06/06/2019
Our Price: £4.25
Why Not Subscribe?
Fancy saving money? Then why not subscribe to Writing Magazine and not only will you receive free delivery direct to your home, but you'll be saving money every month compared to the shop price
What's in this Issue?
Inside the July 2019 issue of Writing Magazine:
- How to grow your writing community and support network, on and offline.
- Constructing a fictional world - Why solid worldbuilding is an important skill for all writers
- Using all five senses to build suspense and fear in your horror
- School’s out! How to juggle your freelance business with kids’ holidays
- Author experience: How children’s author Abi Elphinstone combats her dyslexia
- The joy of retreats: boost your creativity with a writer’s retreat
Interviews and profiles
STAR interview: US crime king Jeffery Deaver returns with a new lone wolf hero
Explore the style and technique of the ‘original’ novelist, Daniel Defoe
Spy thriller author Charles Cumming shares the rhythms and routines of his writing day
Bookshop mogul Tim Waterstone highlights five top reads from his personal bookshelf
Renita D’Silva explains how she researches and writers her historical and contemporary romances
Your exclusive writing for children supplement
Learn from industry experts and successful writers the structure and requirements of publishing for different age ranges, from picture books all the way through to YA (young adult), plus:
• How to write for modern audiences
• How to handle contemporary issues and how far should you go
• How to set up a series
• How to organise and run workshops and events for young readers
• Using the internet and social media for marketing children’s books
...and much more!