06 March 2013
A main aim of World Book Day in the UK is to encourage children to explore the pleasures of reading ...
A main aim of World Book Day in the UK is to encourage children to explore the pleasures of reading
To mark World Book Day, schoolchildren are entitled to receive a World Book Day £1 Book Token, which can be exchanged for one of the specially published £1 World Book Day titles, or against any title costing £2.99 or more at participating bookshops.
The World Book Day titles are:
• Alfie's Shop, Shirley Hughes (Random House)
• Giraffes Can't Dance (Colouring and Puzzle Fun), Giles Andreae and Guy Parker-Rees (Orchard Books)
• Horrid Henry's Guide to Perfect Parents, Francesca Simon, illustrated by Tony Ross (Orion)
• Tony Robinson's Weird World of Wonders: Funny Inventions, Tony Robinson (Macmillan)
• The Diamond Brothers in...Two of Diamonds, Anthony Horowitz (Walker)
• Hang in There Bozo: The Ruby Redfort Emergency Survival Guide for Some Tricky Predicaments, Lauren Child (HarperCollins)
• Tom Gates: Best Book Day Ever! (so far), Liz Pichon (Scholastic)
• The Chocolate Box Girls: Bittersweet, Cathy Cassidy (Puffin Books)
World Book Day Tokens are valid until 24 March.
Register and sign up for our newsletter for late-breaking news, more competitions and exclusive content