Sotheby's to auction unique cover designs
Artists including Quentin Blake and Peter Blake have created new dust covers for their favourite novels in First Editions Re-Covered
The unique collection of classic first editions with original dust covers will be auctioned at Sotheby's on 11 December. The auction will benefit House of Illustration, the world's only public gallery dedicated solely to graphic arts and illustration, which was founded by Quentin Blake.
Each artist selected a book they felt a personal connection with, and designed a new cover for it. Some of the artists and their chosen books are:
• Quentin Blake, The Tale of Kitty in Boots by Beatrix Potter
• Quentin Blake, The Hunchback of Notre Dame by Victor Hugo
• Raymond Pettibon, My Main Jeeves by P.G. Wodehouse
• Gerald Scarfe, The Making of Pink Floyd
• Lauren Child, Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren
• Peter Blake, Through the Looking Glass and what Alice found there by Lewis Carroll
• Maggi Hambling, The Sea The Sea
• Peter Capaldi, The Metamorphosis by Frank Kafka
• Shaun Tan, Animal Farm by George Orwell
• George Shaw, Sons and Lovers by D.H. Lawrence
• Richard Wentworth, White Teeth by Zadie Smith
Check out the gallery! Which one would you like to own?
For full details, see the website.
Register and sign up for our newsletter for late-breaking news, more competitions and exclusive content