16 September 2020
This year's shortlist has been described as the most diverse ever
Hilary Mantel won the Booker twice with the first two instalments of her Thomas Cromwell trilogy, but its conclusion, this year's The Mirror and the Light, didn't make the final six.
The 2020 Booker shortlist, which includes four debut novelists, is:
• The New Wilderness, Diane Cook
• Burnt Sugar, Avni Doshi
• Shuggie Bain, Douglas Stuart
• Real Life, Brandon Taylor
• This Mournable Body, Tsitsi Dangarambga
• The Shadow King, Maaza Mengiste
The winner of the £50,000 Booker Prize 2020 will be announced on 27 October.
For more writing inspiration, subscribe to our bestselling monthly magazine and receive your first 3 issues for just £3. Claim this offerhere