07 July 2020
The winners have been announced at a virtual presentation instead of the annual convention in Bristol
The 2020 Crimefest Award winners are:
• Specsavers Debut Crime Novel Award: Laura Shepherd-Robinson for Blood & Sugar (Mantle)
• Audible Sound of Crime Award: Lee Child and Jeff Harding for Blue Moon (Penguin Random House Audio)
• eDunnit Award: Holly Watt for To the Lions (Raven Books)
• Last Laugh Award: Helen FitzGerald for Worst Case Scenario (Orenda Books)
• H.R.F. Keating Award: John Curran for The Hooded Gunman (HarperCollins Crime Club)
• Best Crime Novel for Young Adults: Kathryn Evans for Beauty Sleep (Usborne Publishing)
• Best Crime Fiction Novel for Children: Thomas Taylor for Malamander (Walker Books)
Adrian Muller, co-host of CrimeFest, said: 'Nothing can beat authors, readers and the crime writing industry gathering in person to celebrate the best of the genre. However, having appeared with Agatha Raisin co-star Ashley Jensen at last year’s CrimeFest, we were delighted that Matt McCooey returned to host our virtual ceremony. I’d like to thank our partners and sponsors, Free@Last TV, the production company behind the hit television series for producing our online awards presentation, and congratulate all worthy winners.'
For full details see the website.
For more writing inspiration, subscribe to our bestselling monthly magazine and receive your first 3 issues for just £3. Claim this offerhere